Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Wilson, Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Raleigh & nearby areas
A number of people will lose their teeth at some point in their lives. This can happen at any age, and is often the result of gum disease. Many of our Rocky Mount patients choose dental implants as the ideal solution for replacing missing teeth.
Dental implants are permanent tooth replacements that are placed directly into the jaw bone. Implants restore the appearance of your smile, improve the strength of your bite and they can be cared for like normal teeth. However, they are not for everyone.
The best way to determine if dental implants are an appropriate solution for your specific situation is to schedule a consultation with an experienced implant dentist at Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles Cosmetic Dentistry.
Implant dentistry can still be a great solution for tooth replacement, even if the following conditions apply:
- Gum Disease: If your periodontal disease has not progressed too far, it may not impede the success of your dental implants. In some cases, gum disease will need to be treated before the implant process can commence.
- Bone Loss: Similar to gum disease, as long as not too much bone tissue has been lost, dental implants can still be placed. If there is not enough jawbone for successful placement, a bone grafting may be necessary prior to the procedure.
- Existing Medical Conditions: Typically, if you can have general dental procedures done, you can implant dentistry done. Any condition that may interfere with your ability to undergo anesthesia would need to be carefully evaluated.
- Existing Dental Work: Dental implants not only replace missing teeth, they can reinforce dental work you already have, such as dentures or dental bridges.
- Smoking Habit: Many considerations need to be evaluated if you are an active smoker, such as how long you’ve been smoking and how frequently you currently smoke. Our dentist will determine if your smoking habit disqualifies your candidacy for implant dentistry.
If you live in the Rocky Mount area and would like to find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants, contact us today online or at 252-291-2892 to schedule an appointment. We proudly serve patients from Wilson, Greenville and Goldsboro, North Carolina.