Tooth Brushing Tips that Don’t Require a Smartphone
Wilson, Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Raleigh & nearby areas
Several companies are developing electric toothbrushes designed to connect to the Internet. When linked to a smartphone, the device can record the user’s brush strokes and provide oral health care tips for neglected parts of the mouth. However, there isn’t a digital replacement for the input of experienced, hands-on Rocky Mount dentists.
At Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles, we take pride in closely assessing each patient’s dental health and providing individualized feedback. Though you should plan on visiting the dentist twice a year, there are best practices for brushing you can apply between appointments:
- Brush your teeth two to three times a day for two minutes or more at a time
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Make gentle vertical circles along the surface of your teeth, rather than forcefully brushing from side to side
- Be diligent about brushing the gum line and restorations such as dental crowns or fillings
- Swap your toothbrush for a new one every three to four months
During your biannual checkups, our dentists will thoroughly examine your mouth to ensure your brushing regimen is keeping your teeth and gums clean and healthy. If you’re at risk for tooth decay or other issues, we can offer treatment options and provide qualified recommendations on areas for improvement.
To find out more about how our dentists can help you achieve your optimal oral health, please contact Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles or call 252-291-2892today to schedule an appointment. We see patients in or around Rocky Mount, North Carolina.