Fall in Love With Your Smile This Valentine’s Day
In a season of love, love your smile!
When you don’t love your smile, it can really wreak havoc on your self-confidence and how you feel in front of others. Smiles have such a significant impact on who we are, what we do, and even our successes. For this reason, it should come as no surprise that so many adults look for ways to improve their smiles when they are anything less than what they want them to be. So if you aren’t satisfied with your smile and want to make some changes to help boost your confidence and happiness, consider a smile makeover during this season of love.
5 Reasons Your Smile Is Important Each and Every Day
We understand that Valentine’s Day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean the spirit of love and happiness isn’t still in the air. After all, Valentine’s Day is just an example of how we should treat those we love every day (minus the flowers, chocolates, expensive dinners, etc.). And when we’re happy, it’s almost inevitable that we’ll smile.
But aside from a genuine desire to want to smile, it seems like social media has us obsessed with teeth more than ever. Through social media, unrealistic beauty standards seem to be amplified more than realistic ones. However, the good news is achieving a better smile this Valentine’s Day is far more practical and achievable than you might think. And it’s good for your health too!
Consider the following reasons why your smile is essential today and every day, not just on Valentine’s Day.
- Your smile creates a first impression. It’s often the first (and last) thing a person sees when they interact with you.
- A bright white smile makes you appear more approachable to others.
- Your smile can give you a quick yet lasting boost to your self-confidence.
- Ever heard the phrase, “You can smile with your voice”? Well, it’s true. Smiling when you talk can help create a lift in the tone of your voice, making you sound much more approachable.
- Smiling can help you live longer. Don’t believe us? American scientists once studied a photograph of a baseball team. The scientists found that those who smiled in the shot lived an average of 79.9 years. The partial smilers lived an average of 75 years. And the non-smilers lived to just age 72.9. For those doing the math, that’s a difference of seven years between the players with big smiles and those who chose to show off a frown.
5 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Smile
Though a handful of dental treatments can help improve your smile, the real work begins at home. A smile makeover might be just what you are looking for, but make sure you are following the below suggestions as well to help maximize your smile and keep it healthy.
- Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste twice a day for two minutes at a time.
- Take time to floss your teeth at least once per day, especially after meals, to help remove food particles that can get stuck between your teeth and gums.
- Rinse with a fluoridated mouthwash at least once per day, especially after flossing. This helps rinse away all those food particles you loosened when flossing your teeth.
- Don’t miss your regular dental checkups. We all need a dental cleaning and oral examination every six months to keep tooth decay at bay, screen for oral cancer, and protect our overall health.
- Practice self-care each day by speaking positive affirmations and taking a few minutes to yourself. No matter how busy you get, even ten minutes away from the hustle and bustle can be good for your heart, soul, and smile.
Consider cosmetic dentistry and a smile makeover to take your smile to the next level.
If you think to yourself, I hate my teeth, or feel you have messed-up teeth, we want to help turn those feelings around. Our goal is to help you develop love for your teeth, and one of the best ways to do that is with a cosmetic dentist consultation. There are a variety of great cosmetic dentistry options that can help you love your smile this Valentine’s Day or any day of the year.
Perhaps one of the most popular ways to improve your smile, professional teeth whitening is a safe and straightforward procedure that reliably eliminates unsightly stains and reveals a brighter, more youthful-looking smile in as little as two weeks. Dixon, Boles & Associates offers at-home whitening treatments using custom trays that ensure the best results.
An increasingly popular option, porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells of high-quality dental porcelain that are bonded to the surface of targeted teeth to correct common cosmetic imperfections, including chips, gaps, stains, discoloration, uneven lengths, and mild crookedness. Veneers are custom-crafted to create a luminous, youthful, and natural-looking smile, so no one will know you are wearing them but you and your dentist.
Suppose you are looking for a fast, affordable way to improve your smile this Valentine’s Day. In that case, bonding can add length to a tooth or correct discoloration, chips, cracks, and minor gaps through the strategic application of tooth-colored composite resin. Similar to tooth-colored fillings, cosmetic bonding preserves your natural tooth structure and firmly seals onto your teeth for a completely natural look.
Dixon, Boles & Associates mills your custom inlay or onlay right in the office from beautiful and durable CEREC porcelain. Inlays are a dental restoration placed in between a tooth-colored filling and a dental crown. Onlays extend to cover one or more cusps.
Not sure what to do to improve your smile this Valentine’s Day?
There are a lot of options available to improve your smile, especially if you are looking for cosmetic dentistry near Wilson, NC. And sometimes those choices can be overwhelming. Thankfully, you can ask your dentist what they recommend, and all you need to do is request a consultation to get started. We look forward to meeting with you and helping you improve your smile.