How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Wilson, Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Raleigh & nearby areas
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Stained teeth
- Teeth that are decaying or weak
- Multiple teeth problems requiring full mouth restoration
Many patients wonder how long dental crowns will last and if they are worth it. Most dental crowns last decades and are so durable and look so much like your other teeth, many patients forget that they have a dental crown. Although the dental porcelain is durable, depending on dental hygiene, crowns can wear out eventually. With the right care however, crowns can last a long time. Some things to help ensure that your crowns last longer are:
- Refraining from clenching or grinding your teeth and wearing a mouth guard if you do this often
- Refraining from chewing ice or other extremely hard foods
- Maintaining proper dental hygiene and brushing and flossing regularly
- Making sure to brush at the base of the crown extremely well
If you are experiencing any type of cosmetic dental problem and want to learn if dental crowns might be a good option for you, please contact Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles, DDS today at 252-291-2892 for a free consultation with a cosmetic dentist. Our Rocky Mount cosmetic dentist can help you determine if dental crowns are the right solution for your dental problems and can help give you the smile that you deserve.