Good Dental Hygiene Tips
Wilson, Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Raleigh & nearby areas
Good dental hygiene prevents plaque and tartar from accumulating on your teeth. By practicing good dental hygiene, you can reduce the risk of cavities, gum disease and other undesirable oral health conditions.
Ask our general dentists about the best ways to maintain a healthy mouth. To adopt dental hygiene habits, you should:
- Avoid snacking between meals
- Quit smoking to prevent gum disease
- Rinse your mouth after drinking any beverage other than water
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss once a day
- Visit your dentist for a cleaning every six months
When you brush your teeth, only gentle pressure is necessary. Brushing too vigorously or with excessive pressure can damage your enamel and cause gum recession. As you floss, move the floss up and down the contour of your tooth and underneath the gumline.
To learn more about dental hygiene, and if you live in Wilson, North Carolina or the surrounding areas, please contact Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles to schedule a free consultation with our experienced general dentists.